17.7.12

CATS ON TUESDAY

CATS ON TUESDAY

As it is still raining and only from time to time there is a little break, Arthur makes short  rounds in the neighborhood just to check if everything is OK. But as nobody is out and stays rather in, there is not very much to see.



After his rounds he shakes his head to get rid of the raindrops



and then he spends a lot of time with drying himself, as he doesn't want any help from our part, and gets angry when he sees a towel !



A good thing to do when the weather is so bad is eating ! and this he does with pleasure each time when he wakes up from a little nap.



Rosie goes outside and enjoys fresh rain water. She thinks it has a much better taste than tap water !



and she often sits on the garden table as the patio has a roof and she can sit there without getting wet and watch the birds. They apparently don't care if it rains or not.



The strange thing is, it rains the whole day, but around 6 pm each evening the sun comes out ! Just to show that it still exists. Pookie has almost finished with her training for the sleeping competition for the Olympics and likes this moment to take a short sunbath !

Apparently the mousies too stay in their holes, because this week I didn't find any corpse.


16 comments:

The Chair Speaks said...

Arthur make sure he gives you enough work to do. LOL!
We love Pookie's style of spending the day, rain or no rain! :)

Sparkle said...

I don't blame Arthur for not liking towels - every time I see one coming near me, I am worried I am going to have an eyedropper of medicine squirted down my throat!

Linens and Royals said...

HaHa! Winter here and we have warm sunny days up to 20deg.c and no rain. Today my 2 cats had to leave their sunroom beds as it got too hot. They are sending warm sunny wishes your way.

Barbara said...

LOL! Your weather has been similar to ours, except we don't get the evening sunshine. My cats prefer rainwater from a dirty bucket to tap water - even if it looks disgusting. I think Pookie should definitely get the gold...

Where's Kim in all this rain? I dread to think of all the knots she's accumulating! :O)

Sweepy said...

Woof Gattina!
I am practicing for the PAwlimpics as well but Pookie seems to be a nap ahead!

LUNA said...

Bonjour dear friends and Gattina,
It's nice to see you all easygoing about this weather, I totally agree it's perfect for peaceful naps.
Hmmm Rosie, I think the fresh rain water looks delicious, great idea!
But you know I'm a kitty from Brazil and this weather in Europe is really different from my place there. I think it's the reason I miss so much the sun.
Well...we need to think positive!
purrs
LUna

The Furries of Whisppy said...

It's been raining over here too! Hey Arthur! Maybe you could take Rosie's lead and sit up on the garden table. Then you don't need to shake your head or worry about a towel...

Hannah and Lucy said...

We've gone a few hours without rain today so purrhaps you'll all be lucky later.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Marilia said...

Enjoy the rainy weather to rest!

catsynth said...

Arthur is funny as always. And rosie is quite cute.

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

Arthur you are such a funny cat that don´t want help get dryed with a towel :)
Me I would have been happy if my mom used just a towel after my baths :)
Is it a BIG birdie you have spotted , Rosie ??
I´m pretty sure that Pookie is going to win gold in the sleeping competition in the CatOlymPics :)

Ellen Whyte said...

It does not sound like summer. Poor you, we'll try and send you some tropical heat.

meowmeowmans said...

How cute that Arthur goes outside to check on things despite the rain. And Rosie, we agree, fresh water tastes quite nice, doesn't it?

Pookie is the picture of consistency!

Where does Kim spend her time when it rains?

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Hi Gattina -- I have what will probably be a one-time only cat post on my blog today -- In a comment, Rita (Cash Jockey) suggested that I link it here. I always love reading about your busy kitties!

Amy Burzese said...

A day in the life. Thanks for hosting. Rita at Cashjockey told me about your meme.

Karen Jo said...

Arthur sure is dedicated to his rounds. Rosie looks like she is really enjoying her rain water. I hope you get more sunshine soon.

Herman