4.6.13

CATS ON TUESDAY


When I came back from my tour around the UK, my cats didn't seem to have suffered at all during my absence ! I even wonder if they noticed it. Maybe Rosie.

Anyway, Arthur greeted me already at the car and showed me the way to the kitchen in case I had forgotten it.



He wasn't very happy that he had to share the sofa with me again and from a slim cat became big and bigger so that I had to move ! Finally we found an arrangement and could watch TV together.



When the sun came out he shared the bark with Kim. Apparently it's nice and warm, although I could imagine a more comfortable place then sleeping on bark.



As usual Arthur is a very helpful cat and while I was busy watching TV he mowed the lawn. At least he kept an eye on the robot. Satisfied with the result he returned home to check if there was something to eat in the bowls.

Pookie continues to sleep on Mr. G's bed and only checked my suitcase when I was unpacking.



But Rosie seemed to have missed me, because now she behaves like a chewing gum. She always sticks on me and my bed too shrinks !

In April Barbara from Words, Words, Words. wrote about a ginger cat who lives opposite Shakespeare's home. As we visited Stratford on Avon, I told the whole bus, that I wanted to look for this cat. As soon as we had free time, I started my investigations. After having asked in a first souvenir shop I was told the cat would live a little further in a souvenir shop. When I asked in the second shop the owner smiled, told me the cat's name was Angus and that he always walks up and down the street, and that he thinks that Angus belonged to another shop a little further down the road. I continued asking for the cat in the other souvenir shops too, but besides cute stories about Angus, I didn't see him.

All  the people in this street knew Angus and apparently he goes into all shops and in winter sleeps in the once where the radiator is the warmest. They all will probably remember a crazy lady coming from Belgium to look for a cat and not for Shakespeare's traces ! Very intellectual indeed.



These are pictures from Barbara's blog, and it is such a pity that Angus didn't show up ! That would have been so funny.



and the same street when I was there last week. As it was a bank holiday in the UK, there were so many people coming for Shakespeare and not for Angus the cat, I must have been the only one.

When I got back into the bus, I was greeted with big smiles, they asked me if my researches had been successful, but unfortunately nobody had seen Angus. I am sure he was sleeping somewhere waiting that this bank holiday finishes and the tourists disappear and he would have the street for his own again !

8 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

That is a bummer you missed Angus!

Linens and Royals said...

Shame you didn't find the Ginger cat but I think your own cats are making sure you don't lack attention.

Karen and Gerard said...

Too bad you didn't get to see Angus. It sounds like he's quite popular! This reminds me of a cat book I just finished about a very smart cat called THE CAT THAT GOD SENT by Jim Kraus. The cat found a preacher, sneaked into the service, sat on the platform while the guy preached and many people from the small town who didn't attend church started coming to see the cat!

Hannah and Lucy said...

We wish you had seen Angus and had your picture taken with him.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hallo Gattina,
das ist ja süß und richtig selbstlos von Arthur, dass er dir den Weg in die Küche zeigt. Schade, dass du Angus nicht getroffen hast. Ob er nach seiner Leibspeise heißt?
Liebe Grüße, Johanna

Kjelle Bus aka Charlie Rascal said...

To bad you didn´t get to meet Angus :(
That had been so cool :)

catsynth said...

Sorry you didn't get to meet Angus, but it sounds like he is doing well.

It's good that the cats are mostly able to keep their routines while you're away. It suggests they feel secure.

Karen Jo said...

I am glad that Arthur greeted you and showed you the way to the kitchen. It sounds like Rosie really missed you. Too bad you didn't get to see Angus.