11.2.14

CATS ON TUESDAY


At 3 am I woke up because I heard somebody rambling through the house. I got up to see what it was, maybe a neighbor's cat who looked for something eatable in the kitchen, but what I saw was this :



The stuffed bird which used to sit in the flowers of my season basket. It looked a little uncombed. I just saw Arthur disappearing to the basement. I returned to my bed, not very happy about the interruption of my precious beauty sleep.



And then the next day Arthur was playing with this bird ! It is out of plastic and makes a noise like a ping pong ball. He threw it in the air caught it, put it behind the sofa, then couldn't get it out anymore, meowed until Mr. G. took a broom and got it out. As it's raining and cold and no real bird in view outside, Arthur has found a replacement. Now the bird has no feathers anymore, but he still is busy to play with it.



Kim is mostly inside now and follows Pookie everywhere, just as she did  when she was a kitten and took Pookie for her mother. But she still is the "autistic" cat. Unfortunately Arthur has discovered his love for her and runs behind her for playing, what she doesn't like at all as she had never played in her whole life. I wonder if spring is in the air despite the still cold weather. Anyway we don't risk to have  black and white striped kittens.



Pookie only thinks of food now and follows me everywhere, lifts herself with difficulties on the sofa and is happy.



Rosie doesn't like the new behavior of Pookie especially the fact that she now is always in my room and often lays besides my feet. She is jealous and ready to chase her away and then the hissing starts. I try to settle this conflict as the UNO does with Israel and Palestinians, Syria and other wars exactly with the same success.

13 comments:

Summer at sparklecat.com said...

Sounds like you are juggling kitties, so to speak!

The Furries of Whisppy said...

Hahaha. Arthur sure knows how to look for fun!
The girls sure keep you on your toes with all the girly bickerings. :p

Vanessa Morgan said...

Maybe Arthur is missing the courage to go for the real thing (bird) :-)

sully86 said...

arthur you need to get those real birds outside

Hannah and Lucy said...

Mum has got a "thing" about birds - - if they flutter in her hands she goes to pieces and although she likes them she can't pick one up to save her life! She prays that we don't catch them as if we do she has to wear gloves to pick them up.
Luv Hannah and Lucy xx xx

Cynthia said...

My cat has cabin fever, too, just like me. Winter is too long! I love the photos of Arthur and the bird I'm sure he thinks he killed.

Linens and Royals said...

Arthur's bird makes a change from Rosie's mousies. Enjoy it while you can Arthur.
Kim has turned into a black ball again, lucky she has a friend in Pookie to look after her.
Rosie please take that mean look off your face. The wind will change and you will stay that way forever. That's what my mother used to say.

Katnip Lounge said...

Perhaps Arthur was offend by that bird's colorful feathers!

Donna said...

I like birdees. :)

Barbara said...

Glad Arthur is still finding ways to enjoy himself despite the weather!

meowmeowmans said...

Arthur, you always amuse us (and yourself, it seems)! :)

Glad that all your cats are doing well, Gattina. We hope you get some better weather soon!

Lui said...

Arthur is always on the hunt.
Pookie needs a companion (you!)
and Kim needs solitude.
As for Rosie, hmmm, she needs to be friends with Pookie.

Quite a task really.

Ellen Whyte said...

LOL, I shouldn't laugh but I know EXACTLY what you mean! Good luck in your furry purry war zone, Gattina.